Working and Business

Working in Finland

EU citizens are free to work and job hunt in Finland for up to three months without any formalities. After this, they must register with the Finnish Immigration Service and the population register. Find more information about the Finnish Immigration Services here. Nordic citizens must submit a notification of move.

Citizens of non-EU countries must obtain a residence permit based on employment before they enter the country to work. You can register for a permit here. The immigration authorities will not grant this kind of residence permit before you find a job. If you are granted a residence permit on other grounds, for example for family ties, it may include the right to work.

Working in Finland – Information for Immigrants in 13 languages
Starting a job in a new country may be challenging and raise many questions: how am I expected to behave at the workplace, what are my rights and responsibilities and how will I adjust to the work community?

Working in Finland – Information for Immigrants in 13 languages

Employment Agencies and Recruitment Services

Starting a business

Interested in starting your own business? There are so many things to consider in becoming an entrepreneur, whether it´s operational planning, deciding which company form to pick, dealing with taxation or financing etc. If you need help, our development company Kouvola Innovation Oy (Kinno) will help you with applications and paperwork, profitability calculations and business plan. Your business idea and business plan will be thoroughly reviewed under the free-of-charge, confidential personal guidance of our business advisor. Check our website at Contact information: Timo Lehmusmetsä (FI, EN), Business Advisor, Tel. 020 615 5957, timo.lehmusmetsa(at) Aleksandra Turunen (FI, RU, EN), Account Manager, Tel. 020 615 8140, aleksandra.turunen(at)