Coronavirus in Kouvola
Update and instructions
(Aug 4, 2022)
There are still a lot of coronavirus infections, but serious forms of the disease occur less than before.
It is still worth considering your own actions and acting in a safe manner. It is especially important to stay home, if you are symptomatic.
The use of mask is still recommended in public interiors and vehicles for those:
- seeking treatment or testing for suspicion of corona
- having symptoms of a respiratory infection but moving outside the home is essential
- who are known to have been exposed to the coronavirus (eg infections in the family) and close contacts outside the home are unavoidable.
City services are normally open, but many employees work remotely.
If you experience symptoms:
- If you have symptoms suggestive of a coronavirus, stay at home. You can take a home test. If you are positive, stay home for at least five days. If the last two are asymptomatic, you can return to everyday life.
- If there is a corona positive person in your home but you are asymptomatic yourself, you can take care of the “compulsory tasks” such as going to work, school, kindergarten, shop or pharmacy. Please, wear a mask. It is recommended to avoid other gatherings, such as hobbies or meeting friends, for five days.
- If your child has flu symptoms, keep the child at home and let the school know about this.
How to prevent the virus from spreading
Good hygiene is the best way to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus and any other viruses.
- Practise good hand and cough hygiene.
- Keep a safety distance of at least 2 metres from others.
- If you have even mild symptoms (fatigue, headache, runny nose, cough, fever, abdominal pain, vomiting or diarrhea), book an appointment for a coronavirus test and rest at home.
The COVID-19 vaccination is by appointment only or at our walk-in vaccinations. An appointment can be booked either through the electronic appointment service or by phone. Appointments are currently available to persons 12 years of age and older.
Electronic appointment booking requires the electronic identification of the person to be vaccinated, for example, with personal online banking IDs.
Appointment by phone Mon – Fri 8 am – 4 pm, Tel. 05 220 2000.