Instructions concerning coronavirus
Existing restrictions and recommendations (Jan 2022)
Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended for:
- Public transport and taxis, for both drivers and passengers
- Public spaces and events
- Private service providers (shops, banks, etc.)
- Secondary schools, higher education institutions and liberal cultural institutions for students and staff
- In comprehensive schools, students from the sixth grade up should wear a mask. The mask recommendation is imposed by grade, regardless of the age of the individual students.
- Hobby activities
- Workplaces where safety distances, shift alternations on premises or other hygiene and safety arrangements cannot be implemented
- Social welfare and healthcare staff in all contact situations
City services are normally open.
Events of more than 10 people cannot be held indoors. This includes concerts, theaters, cinemas, markets, sporting events and matches, and educational events and seminars open to all.
Restrictions on restaurants: please see the website of the Finnish Government.
The Corona Coordination Group recommends that no private events or family reunions for more than 20 people be held or attended.
If you experience symptoms:
- Carry out a symptom assessment online on the Omaolo.fi website or on the Coronabot. If you can’t use online services, call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117. In case of emergency, call 112.
- Book an appointment for a coronavirus test.
- Wait for the results at home.
- Follow the instructions when you get the result.
If you are ill or have mild symptoms, stay home. Do not go to work if you are ill. If your child has flu symptoms, keep the child at home and let the school know about this.
How to prevent the virus from spreading
Good hygiene is the best way to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus and any other viruses.
- Practise good hand and cough hygiene.
- Keep a safety distance of at least 2 metres from others.
- Wear a mask in public places, and when a safe distance cannot be maintained.
- If you have even mild symptoms (fatigue, headache, runny nose, cough, fever, abdominal pain, vomiting or diarrhea), book an appointment for a coronavirus test and rest at home.
The COVID-19 vaccination is by appointment only or at our walk-in vaccinations. An appointment can be booked either through the electronic appointment service or by phone. Appointments are currently available to persons 12 years of age and older.
Electronic appointment booking requires the electronic identification of the person to be vaccinated, for example, with personal online banking IDs.
Appointment by phone Mon – Fri 8 am – 4 pm, Tel. 05 220 2000.