Instructions concerning coronavirus
If you need advice and information concerning the coronavirus, call 0295 535 535.
If you become ill
If your symptoms are mild, stay at home.
If you suspect that you have a coronavirus infection and
- your symptoms continue for a long period of time
- your symptoms become severe
- you have shortness of breath
call 116 117 , when you have symptoms.
If you are ill or have mild symptoms, stay home. Do not go to work if you are ill. If your child has flu symptoms, the child must not go to day care or school, but the child must stay home. A parent must call the school and let the school know about this.
Do not bring an ill child to day care or school.
We recommend that you contact the services of the City of Kouvola by telephone or e-mail whenever possible.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of the coronavirus are usually mild.
Some people have had more severe symptoms. They usually also have some other illness such as asthma or heart disease.
The symptoms of the coronavirus infection include:
- high fever
- muscle aches
- shortness of breath
How to prevent the virus from spreading
Everyone can do things that prevent the coronavirus from spreading.
Good hygiene is the best way to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus and any other viruses.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water.
- If you cannot wash your hands, use a hand sanitiser.
- Protect your mouth when you cough or sneeze. For example, use a handkerchief or sleeve into which to cough or sneeze. Do not cough or sneeze into your hand.
Also remember these things in your daily life:
- Avoid handshaking. Find other ways to greet your friends.
- Stay at least one metre away from a person who coughs or sneezes.
- Do telework if possible.
- Avoid large events and hobby groups.